Welcome to Spirit Acupuncture
Established in 2008 by Andrew Edwards, A masters (MSc) level trained practitioner of Traditional Acupuncture and member of the British Acupuncture Council. Andrew specialises in Acupuncture and Medical Massage, diagnosing conditions by the means of Chinese medicine, then offering a course of treatment best tailored to your individual medical needs.
Balance method Acupuncture
Battlefield/ Nada protocol
Medical Chinese Massage (Tui Na)
Why Choose Spirit Acupuncture
- Acupuncture works! It's been used for over 2000 years in China to keep a nation well and is used in hospitals around the world . The NHS currently use elements of it and is recommended by the national institute of clinical excellence. More and more research papers are proving its effectiveness for many conditions and is far bigger than just for pain. The West is slowly accepting what the East has always known as more people seek alternative health measures.
- Andrew graduated from the Northern College of Acupuncture (2008) and is trained to Masters level, incorporating over 3000 hours of academic and clinical training. He is a member of the British Acupuncture Council, the largest regulatory body for practitioners of traditional acupuncture, ensuring its members adhere to the highest of standards of practise and patient care. To achieve membership, practitioners must first undertake extensive training in both traditional acupuncture and western biomedical science. Which includes physiology, anatomy, differential diagnosis and the actions and side effects of commonly prescribed medication.
- Situated just 2 miles from junction 30 of the M1, offers a comfortable modern ground floor clinic with good access and free adjacent parking.
- Spirit Acupuncture is registered with Bolsover council and is fully insured.
Traditional acupuncture focuses on the route of the condition as well as the symptom. Thanks to clinical research Acupuncture is being proven to show how effective it can be, proving what the Chinese have known for thousands of years that it can be effective for a number of condition that don't respond well to conventional medicine.
- Treatments are discreet and confidential, leaving you open to discuss your symptoms and concerns freely as you would with your GP in a caring and empathetic environment.
- The working day should not be a barrier to receiving treatments. Spirit Acupuncture operates a flexible opening system with treatments taking place up to 7pm.
- Is a member of the British acupuncture council
- Is recognised under the Professional Standards Authority
- Registered with Bolsover council
- Fully insured and compliant with UK's Health & Safety Legislation
- covered by the Major private health schemes such as Westfield, Simply health and Aviva etc
- Established since 2008
- Has great accesses from M1 with large free car parking adjacent.